Monday

EVOLUTION OF THE "IDEA"

If this is your first visit to my blog, you may want to begin reading the blog post titled "A BRIEF INTRO" and then follow with subsequent postings.

At this point you might think I am ready to begin but, experience has taught me that would be a big mistake. The "Idea" must always be taken beyond its first impulse. The next steps involve a layering of secondary ideas, , examining a range of possibilities from the source idea, planning, drawing out roughs, mapping out the structure of the painting, and troubleshooting. Little pieces of paper gradually pile up and are added to the notebook.
It was at this stage that I realized that I could, to some degree, meld the same composition I used in my still lifes into the landscape, which is something I have been seeking for a long time. I could also borrow my sense of color from the still lifes as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment