Monday

BUILDING THE SUPPORT- Step 1

If this is your first visit to my blog, you may want to begin reading the blog post titled " A BRIEF INTRO" and then follow with subsequent postings.

I chose an unusual format for this painting, 20" x 60", and I wanted to paint on canvas stretched on a fiberboard support. This meant that I had to build it myself since buying it made, would be cost prohibitive. The fiberboard is untempered so oils will not leach into the canvas. The 1 x 2 lumber was cut to fit the four outer sides. I used a very strong glue and to quote David, "One can never be too rich, too thin, or use too many clamps". I could only glue two sides of the support at a time. I did not use nails to fasten the lumber to the fiberboard because, they would have worked their way out over time. Then I let it sit for twenty-four hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment