Sunday

THE CIRCULAR INFLUENCE OF PAINTING, INTAGLIO, AND WATERCOLR, PEN & INK

I have been working on a new series of landscapes which I am really excited about. I realized that my working method as of late had a circuitous path of influence. I found that I usually began with a watercolor and pen & ink study. This naturally lent itself to a etching, hand colored with water media. This etching led me towards a painting which incorporated some of the  influences of etching and the watercolor, pen & ink studies. 
This new series utilizes a multiple image format. This is commonly referred to as a triptych if the painting is subdivided into three images, tetraptych for four images, pentaptych for five images, hextaptych for six images, heptapych for seven images, octaptych for eight images, and so on.  Through the use of multiple images, I am able to convey a more accurate portrait of place. I will be posting two examples of this method. And, then I will post a painting as it progresses, with the preliminary water color and pen & ink, and the corresponding etching. 

No comments:

Post a Comment